An Exercise Physiologists develops, implements, and coordinates exercise programs and administers medical tests, under physician's supervision, to program participants to promote physical fitness.
Why do Exercise Physiologists need professional indemnity insurance?
Key responsibilities of Exercise Physiologists include:
- Fitness testing of athletes and team members so that an accurate physiological profile of the individual can be obtained
- Developing specific fitness training programs and monitoring adherence to them
- Providing regular monitoring and reassessment of an athlete training plan
- Engaging with coaching staff to maximize the effects of training
- Educating and advising athletes and coaches
- Working in collaboration with other sport and exercise professionals
- Keeping abreast of ongoing research
- Raising awareness of health and fitness issues and promoting the benefits of sport and exercise
- Teaching on academic courses
The very complex nature of the job makes Exercise Physiologists prone to risks of faltering while providing their services. Professional indemnity Insurance for Exercise Physiologists is designed to protect them from claims made against them by clients. This is essential protection for Exercise Physiologists. It provides them the cost of defending claims and any damages payable.
Public Liability Insurance for Exercise Physiologists
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Exercise Physiologists:
- Negligence in diagnoses
- Wrong implementation of treatment plan
- Prescribing wrong treatment plan
- Failure in providing timely treatment
- Negligence in providing support services
- Negligence in giving advice to clients for physical well being
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.