Meteorologists are experienced and trained in meteorology or an atmospheric science. They uses scientific principles to explain, understand, observe or forecast the earth's atmospheric phenomena and how the atmosphere affects the earth and life on the planet.
Key exposures for Meteorologists
- Making flawed predictions about weather systems and weather patterns.
- Carelessness in collection of meteorological data.
- Performing inaccurate analysis and evaluate of metrological data.
- Preparing faulty reports.
- Negligence in research work.
- Carelessness in investigations of metrological issues.
- Failure to predict how weather changes might affect the world in the future.
Why do Meteorologists need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Why do Meteorologists require Professional Indemnity Insurance? The main responsibilities and duties of Meteorologists include the following:
- Study the atmosphere
- Make predictions about weather systems and weather patterns
- Collect all meteorological data
- Perform analysis and evaluate all metrological data accurately
- Prepare reports
- Monitor all climate issues and prepare forecasts for all accidents and threats
- Perform investigations on all metrological issues to resolve all future risks
- Conduct and Monitor all scientific research work
- Assess how weather has affected life and food cycles historically, and predict how weather changes might affect the world in the future
- Control air pollution and maintain the natural balance of the air in the country
Any professional negligence by meteorologists may lead to a lawsuit. Therefore it is recommended that meteorologists have Professional Indemnity Insurance to protect them by paying for the cost of defending claims and any damages payable.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.