Debt Collectors are those who collect outstanding debts on behalf of others.
Why do Debt Collectors require professional indemnity insurance?
The services of a debt collector include:
- Responsible for chasing outstanding debts from customers and meeting collection targets.
- Allocating receipts to invoices and credit notes so that customer balances show the correct amounts outstanding
- Responsibility for providing support in managing the Debtors book and to ensure that the debt status is up to date
- Production of aged debt listings and days sales outstanding reports
- Identifying slow moving accounts noting key details on the Credit Control system .
- Dealing with and manage correspondence from customers to ensure that service levels are maintained
- Posting and lodging cheques from customers and reviewing daily bank receipts
- Communicating courteously with internal and / or external customers by telephone, email and face to face,
- Generating Statements and follow up Letters and manage the automated escalation process periodically
- Speaking positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services
Public Liability Insurance for Debt Collectors
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Debt Collectors:
- Use of abusive profane and obscene language with debtor.
- Incorrect communication with customers.
- Time delay in taking action against debtors.
- Failure to maintain good records.
- Exchanging (with other agencies) information about individuals who allegedly owe a debt
- Repeatedly harassing and threatening debtors
- Fraud and mistrust
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away !
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
From a compliance prespective and your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the provider. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
We have designed the Insurance application process so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy !! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and policy wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the predential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
There financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+(Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.
Please complete the claim form via the link below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org