Reflexologists are professionals skilled in this natural art of healing. They treat patients by massaging their feet, hands, and ears to relieve them of stress, and improve circulation to the related body areas. The entire method of treatment is based on the principle that certain reflex zones in the body correspond to different body parts.
Key exposures for Reflexologists
- Negligence in diagnoses
- Personalizing wrong treatment plans
- Failure in providing timely treatment
- Negligence in giving advice to clients for physical well being
- Wrong implementation of treatment plan
- Failure in formulation of treatment plan
Why do Reflexologists need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Typical responsibilities of Reflexologists include:
- Undertaking patient consultations
- Gaining information from patients about their lifestyle, health and previous medical/psychological history
- Producing detailed case histories
- Making assessments via physical examination of patients feet
- Assessing, planning and explaining treatment requirements
- Treating conditions/illnesses/problems by applying pressure to areas of the feet
- Keeping accurate confidential patient records
- Appropriately referring clients on to doctors and/or other medical staff.
Errors or negligence in providing any of the services mentioned above can lead to a claim against a Reflexologist. Professional Indemnity Insurance is recommended for all practicing Reflexologists to protect them in the event of a claim by paying legal costs and damages.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away !
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy !! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and policy wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.
Please complete the claim form via the link below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org