Bowen Therapy consists of precise, light movements of the practitioner's fingers and thumbs over different areas of the patient's muscles, nerves, tendons and connective tissue, termed Bowen moves. These moves are designed to allow for natural energy flow within the body to promote self-healing
Key exposures for Bowen Therapists
- Negligence in providing therapy
- Failure in developing appropriate programs and services.
- Negligence in counseling client
- Wrong treatment and preventative advice given to client.
- Allegoric material used while providing therapy treatment
- Any bodily injury made while providing therapy treatment
Why do Bowen Therapists need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Typical responsibilities of the Bowen Therapists job include:
- Conferring with clients and learn their medical history and what problems they may have with stress or pain.
- Gauging the condition of the client's soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength.
- Recommending specific treatment plans for the client.
- When the client's needs have been established, therapist massages the soft tissues and muscles to provide the treatment that has been determined.
- The therapist may often need to refer a client to different types of therapists if his or her condition would benefit from it.
Any false advice or mistake while giving massage and treatment could lead to a lawsuit and claim by the patient against the Bowen Therapist. Professional Indemnity Insurance provides essential financial protection for Bowen therapists by covering legal defense costs and damages payable in the event of a claim.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away !
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy !! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and policy wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.
Please complete the claim form via the link below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org